Thursday, June 15, 2006

Vienna day 2

My second day in Vienna and another glorious one. I was out on the road early for another run under more warm European blue skies. I ran from my hotel to all the usual touristy spots in this wonderful city. First stop was the Heldnplatz, followed by short flybys of several museums and churches. History lingers in the air here and I came across lots of signage to show off the city's age: Mozart lived here, Strauss studied here etc, etc. The city blooms class and my great sadness is that I am actually here to do work. The rest of the day will be taken up with meetings before I fly out to Geneva tonight. Pleasa Santa just one more day here....

Thanks everyone for your comments. Yes, Tesso, have come across some Austrian chokolat and yes, Friar, I have also come across a few runners. I even tried to talk to a couple...I've got a couple of 'lost in translation' stories, which I will tell when I get a chance.

Next post from Geneva.

4 comments:

Rob said...

I envy you Don. I would just love to be able to linger there and bask in the history. What sories that city must be able to tell.

Sekhmet said...

Urgh, that's it. I'm going on a "World Running Tour".

Where do I sign up???

Tesso said...

What a shame its such a fleeting visit to Vienna.

I can't wait to hear those stories :-)

PortRunr said...

It's great that you're getting the chance to enjoy some runs during what must be a really busy time.
You're bringing back some good memories for me from many years ago :)