Monday, June 12, 2006

Queen's birthday run

Only time for a short post, after a busy last week and Queen's birthday weekend.

I had another lovely run with my Saturday group this morning, which as well as running Saturday also ran today. It was an invigorating morning for running with sub-zero temperatures, a crystal clear sky, and a lolly pop of a full moon settling down over a light dusting of snow on the Brindabellas. The conditions were just perfect for getting the juices flowing! We are blessed in Canberra with so many outlying tracks and trails and our run this morning took us through that type of territory around Canberra's Cooleman Ridge on the western fringe of town. I love these runs a great deal. There is no pressure on, noone's competitive, it's just a great group of people running at a comfortable pace, having a good time and a good chat. Next time I will have a camera to try and capture something of what we experienced this morning.

I fly out tomorrow for my work trip to Vienna and Geneva, where I am looking forward to getting in a few runs. My next posts will hopefully be later in the week from central Europe - if I can get access to a computer. Will be back home on Sunday.

Canberra today -3 to 7; forecast for Vienna 12 to 28.

3 comments:

Tesso said...

Have a wonderful trip Tuggeranong Don. Once again looking forward to your tales of running in different places. Not to mention some pics :-)

Mandy said...

I might start requesting postcards.

PortRunr said...

Wow, that's a quick trip! Have an enjoyable and safe journey. I'm sure you'll make the most of another opportunity to run some new routes in faraway lands if you get half a chance :)