Saturday, November 11, 2006

Dairy Farmers Hill

What a glorious morning to be running in Canberra again.

It was not too cold, no wind, and not a cloud to be seen. It was a roughly 15km gallop with my Saturday group this morning from the Curtin shops to Dairy Farmers Hill in the Stromlo pine plantation and return.

There was just time at the top to check out the view (top left) do a little stretching (top right) and say hello to Smiley (left).

Heading back down (below right) for the return leg we even came across a giraffe or two (below left).

My thanks to 2P for giving me a little wake up call to get bloggging. Since my return home from my travels I have not done much in the way of interesting runs. But as always there is the simple delights of the "ordinary" run, which are all too easy to take for granted. Today was very much one of those kind of days - not that we usually see giraffes on our "ordinary" runs in Oz.

We are heading out bush again next weekend for the Mt Majura Vineyard Two Peaks classic (26km) and the Mt Majura One Peak Challenge (15km).

I'm looking forward to finishing one of those runs as rumour has it that each finisher receives a bottle of vino from the local vineyard. I will try and stay sober enough to post a report.

(For the record, 2P, I did submit my tax returns on time and got a refund back within a week!).

8 comments:

2P said...

Canberra sure was made for the runner - I wonder if that was part of the criteria?

Good to see you blogging again Don ;-)

Ewen said...

Yes Don, wasn't it just the most perfect morning! Looks like you were out earlier than us as those balloons were higher in the sky.

The early morning light is perfect for photography - lovely warmth and long shadows in that shot of the runners heading down the hill.

Tesso said...

Fantastic pics Don - you call that an ordinary run! So where were the giraffes?

Pity the weather isn't like that in Canberra all year round, I'd be there in a flash.

Rob said...

You certainly have some wonderful runs around Canberra Don. I had to yell at another dog during the week. I don't think a Giraffe would respond to yelling though.

All the best in the Vineyard Classic...you will be doing the Classic won't you?

strewth said...

Great photos TD and lovely post. I do note that your Sat group seems to be entirely made up of ladies at least that's the indication from the photos. No wonder you enjoy it so much!!

PortRunr said...

Good stuff Don, you get out to all the best places.
I've only just done my return as well!

Friar said...

Now what was lost, to have somebody bent over looking for her keys?

Or was she doing an exercise?

R2B said...

No ordinary runs here Don!

As always the photograohy is inspiring and something to encourage one to return!
:)
R2B