Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Is the cat a saint after all?

I had another lovely run this afternoon, which I enjoyed. Did 10k's from home into Tuggeranong and return for just on 50mins. I know runners can suffer from a case of the post-marathon blues. I can honestly say this doesn't seem to have happened to me this time. Perhaps I can thank the cat for this. My cat-induced back injury (see below) forced me off my feet, even though I was just raring to get back out running. This was in retrospect a good thing as it kept from getting over-motivated as a result of my post-marathon high. The fact that I am back on the road and injury free is enough now to make me feel good about my running. Not time for speed work yet, though. I will leave the hard-core stuff for another week or so.

1 comment:

Ewen said...

Don, I'm the same with my non-cat induced cold. I can't wait to get back into it!