Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Japan and the USA

I am on the road travelling for work again. I have just spent a day in Tokyo and am now in New York, typing this a few blocks from Times Square. I head down to Washington tomorrow and spend a few days there before heading back to Oz over the weekend.

I will try and post a couple of stories and some photos if I get the chance.

Because of my travels I am very behind in my blog reading. I promise to try and catch up with everyone's news as soon as I can.

When I arrived in New York tonight I had to ask directions. Turns out that the the random couple I asked were from Oz and - wait for it - from Canberra of all places. Here I am in this incredible city of 18 million people on the other side of the world and the first people I speak to just happen to come from my home town.

I am going to try and get in a run early tomorrow before the streets come alive.

9 comments:

2P said...

Have a nice run in the big apple Don ;-)

Sekhmet said...

I'm always amazed at what a small world it is - almost as though we have little people magnets on that attract people from the same town when you are overseas, or as I once discovered - mutual friends!

Ewen said...

Bloody Canberra people - they pop up everywhere!

Looking foward to the photos Don. I want to visit Japan and NY one day.

Jaykay said...

You really get around don't you??

And when can I post you my list of duty free stuff that I need?

Photos, any photos of New York?

Cirque said...

Glad to hear you haven't been lost too many times yet.
Come home safely!

strewth said...

Wow, now that was a coincidence. Were they runners too?? Have a safe trip - hope you enjoy the runs you can squeeze in between work and manage to have some time to take photos and enjoy that amazing world out there! Look forward to seeing you safely back in Oz!

R2B said...

Don't worry about catchup Don!Just catch on!!

Thats awesome how "serendipity" works!? Imagine the chance of meeting fellow canberrans in NYC?

I met two American ladies in spain who 's parents were born in my dads home town of 500 people and they had been there just the week before...they didn't believe me until i described the cemetery where their relatives were buried in!!!

Anyhow have a fantastic time and see if you can spare the time for a walk or a slow job around the traps?

Cheers R2B

PortRunr said...

Awesome...hope you've squeezed in some more good runs on foreign soil Don. Look forward to the details and photos when you get a chance :)

Unknown said...

"New York, New York! The Bronx is up & the Battery's down!" My favourite city; I love it!...I could have been your guide, TD...I know the city like the back of my hand...hope you loved it too! I've done a few run in Central Park &, of course, the marathon in 2003. Show lots of photos, please.