Friday, August 03, 2007

Just call me TD

Thanks everyone for your wonderful comments on my previous post which are greatly appreciated as always.

After the 'excitement' of my Moty posts and earlier overseas adventures with pigeons and all I decided on a deliberately low-key tone for that last post. But as a couple of you very perceptively picked up (Cirque and Eddie especially), 'My Moty' has well and truly returned. She's back indeed. And I do feel like the Old Running Don of Old.

I was away overseas for work again during the week and that photo at top left is of a great sunset snapped through the window of my cab as I headed back out to the airport.

In other news, I have decided to give Sydney City to Surf the flick this year. I'd paid, entered, and received my number and am fit. My mates will be there, I love the race, and it's an annual pilgrimage for me - not a combination of fortuitous events to be scoffed at! It's just that I didn't think I could afford to have two consecutive weekends away from home as the following weekend I have decided to head north to Brisbane and run the Noosa half-marathon. More on that later.

It was pleasing to get through last Saturday's Bush Capital run without pain or discomfort to my adductor. All year I have been battling this right adductor/groin/glute tendon and nerve thing. That's a convoluted description and it was a convoluted injury . Yet as is sometimes the way with injuries, this ever persistent pest just got up and left. Just like that!

With the injury gone (apparently - fingers crossed), something else has left - and for good. Hasn't anyone noticed?? "Tuggeranong Don" is kaput and replaced by "TD". I had long felt uncomfortable with the former, which was too much of a mouthful and too hard to spell. It was boring. It's now gone. For the bereaved, donations in lieu of flowers can be sent to any suitable charity for the relatives and victims of deceased blog handles.

For the time being until I can think of something better it will be the plain and simple boy next door name of "TD". I would therefore be grateful if you could respect my wishes at this sensitive time by no longer cavorting with my alter ego. Just call me TD.

13 comments:

Stephen Lacey said...

I can appreciate the reasons TD, though I have to say that while there are numerous TDs out there, there is only one Tuggeranong Don.

Ewen said...

Bloody hell Don! Just when I was about to have some fun and shorten your name in true Aussie tradition. I was thinking of "Tuggers Don", or "Tuggie Don". What do you reckon?

I've heard that stephen lacey prefers "Tokyo Steve", so try to respect his wishes when next you comment on his blog.

Sorry you'll miss C2S, but Noosa does sound like fun. You Queenslanders!

jogblog said...

TD is cool. I never knew how to pronounce the other one. Just as well I never had to say it out loud and my ineptness stayed in my head.

Cirque said...

YO - wise choice, TD my homie. I did notice, but I thought it might just have been one of those vagaries of blogdom that allow the Blog Gods to pick up a random sign-in name and use it ad infinitum.

The other one did have a certain...um...je ne sais quoi... that could be misinterpreted if one has a slightly smutty mind.

Wise choice about Noosa, too. I'm polishing the pom poms as I type. Not that you'll need a cheer squad of course, now that Moty is back at your side.

Superflake said...

Isn't that what the Ewok's said in Return of the Jedi when they were really excited? TDeeeeeeeeee. Pity you won't be at C2S but that Noosa Half should be a lot of fun, fast and flat I have heard.

Horrie said...

I did notice that you changed your name to TD. I think some people just get restless and look for something to reinvigorate them. I hope it works for you. Shame you won't be at C2S but the Noosa Half sounds like a good race as well as being in a very nice part of the world.

Rob said...

One thing is for sure TD...you will never be TD'ous.

My chances of seeing you at Noosa wll be far gtreater than at C2S. That's got to be a good thing.

warriorwoman said...

Suits me fine, but out of interest what does Tuggeranong (blimey that is hard to spell) mean or signify. Is it a place?

Rae! said...

Hi TD sounds good to me.Is that a half marathon ??

Tesso said...

TD - I like it :-)

What a shame you are giving C2S a miss. Though if I had to choose between Noosa and Bondi, Noosa would win hands down. Just wish I was going to be there this year. Oh well, I will have to get Clairie to give you a punch in the belly for me.

Unknown said...

Hi TD!! Good to see you at the Bush Capital run...or was that a guy called Tuggeranong Don?

strewth said...

I've always thought of you as TD - much easier and quicker to type!! Great that you're doing Noosa - CJ and I will be there to cheer you on - a lovely flat run!

CJ said...

To TD from CJ - love the shortened version!

Loks like you might have a hometown cheersquad for the noosa half!!!!